Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

I went to sleep knowing that it was snowing.

I woke up knowing that it had snowed overnight.

I rolled over and continued to sleep, as long as my eyes havent opened yet, I am still able to fall asleep again.

I do not hear my alarm clock go off at 7:45.

I do not hear my mom calling me to wake up.

I wake up on my own again. I roll over, and I hear my mom calling now.

My eyes are still closed, and I know that it snowed, so I sleep on.

I do not wake up.

It is 8:20. I involuntarily open my eyes. I check my phone for the time. I hear my mom calling again.

I get up, knowing I'll be late for school. I don't care. The teachers know that I'll be late anyway. They will expect people to come late, so why bother leaving the house early just to find out that class will start later?

I get ready to leave the house, my mom already outside shovelling. "I'm coming out to help you" I call as she closes the door.

When I leave the house, I say good bye to my dog, and tell her to have a good day.

I lock the porch door, and I see that my mom was already in the car.

I guess there wasn't too much to shovel - but I still should have been there. Should have helped.

It took double the time it ususally takes to get to school. We got stuck at one intersection after another, barely moving.

I got to school at 9:17. I went to the office, but they told me to just go to class.

I did. I just walked in, infront of the class, past the teacher (who was teaching, sorry!) and sat down.

I tried to be as quiet as I could, taking my things out of my bag, and taking my jacket off.

I copied all the notes down, and listened to the rest of his lesson.

I am so behind in math. I have barely completed the first page of the booklet.

We got a new booklet today. Started a new chapter when I'm just starting the previous chapter's homework.

I need to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.