Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
   28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6: 25-34



Aiya. I always worry. I think I worry too much. I worry about everything; school, staying awake, falling asleep, trying to help someone, my family, my dog, friends, how i'll have time to do everything, what i'm going to do....... about everything.............  ugh.... how am i going to finish all this work. how im going to do well on the math exam when i've already forgotten everything we've done in september....... what to do with my friends....... sometimes they scare me. they make me worry so much. I know I shouldn;t, and I pray. I feel better.... but then later on the worries come back to me.

I was worrying about how I was going to plan my saturday.... I have so many things to do. In the morning, I have breakfast at a friend's house.. and then after that I have lunch with my family, probably yum cha.... then I got band practise (i havent had time to practise ugh or figure out chords and stuff >< ) .. and after that iron chef event at church. But it's funny how God knows that I'm worrying about everything - how im going to bring all my equipment around, carrying my guitar, pedal, and amp to practise and then to church and everywhere. He's always telling me to listen to Him, that He'll take care of me. Yesterday, I got an IM from one of the band coaches, telling me that there's an event at the place we usually practise at... and so we're going to have practise at my church instead. I was like. wow God.  you really know what I need.  Now I don't have to worry about travelling from our usual band practise to church (by ttc) with my guitar and amp and stuff. I dont have to bring an amp because (again, thanks God) I have been trained and have permission to use the AV system at my church, so I can just plug my guitar into the system and get sound out of the monitors. no need for amp. =) i only have to bring my guitar, and I'll be going in my parent's car after lunch anyway soo awesome.

Another example of when God has provided me with something so that I don't have to worry, is time to do my homework. I always procrastinate, and I can never do my homework before dinner. I just sit around and do nothing. I reschedule my schedule. I move my desktop icons around to adhere to my new desktop background (my constantly new schedule). Then what? I check my email. I send emails. I just look at stuff on facebook.... I swirl around on my chair. But when I do things like prepare for worship, practise guitar, practise piano, make power point slides for worship, send emails regarding fellowship or worship practise, and when I do things for God's Kingdom, I find that I always have enough time to finish my homework. After I put God first, He gives me concentration and time to complete everything. I then go to sleep early, or I can have free time. God is so good to me. So why do I still worry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.