Thursday, March 17, 2011

recipe for work

From the moment I woke up, I told myself to get working right away on my school work, so that I won't have to worry about it Sunday night. I woke up at 11am. It is now 2:41, and I still have not started doing any work. Why? Because I started watching episodes of Big Bang Theory and then I fell asleep after eating samosas, and it turned into a short siesta lasting about an hour and a half. I have now woken up again, and decided to quickly write this blog, and proceed to work on my english essay.

Things I still have yet to do:
- english essay rough and final copies
- econ graphing assignment + analysis
- econ textbook questions (book still in my locker...)
- calc booklet - test when we get back! eeek!


Here is what I must do, in order to get working - productively.

1. Boil water to make tea/coffee
2. Get caught up on one 40 min episode or two 20 min episodes
3. Make tea/coffee since water has now boiled.
4. Grab some yummy snack foods.
5. Check emails. may or may not reply to emails immediately.
6. Open up windows media player, or youtube for some music.
7. Blog anything interesting that I feel the need to blog about.
8. Take out agenda. Check the time. Cross out stuff that I probably dont have timeto do/dont care about doing, circle important stuff I must get done today.
9. Pull out any hand outs or notes I might need to do work. Quickly look through them.
10. Check facebook. Close facebook.


(if doing a writing assignment)
11. Open up Microsoft Word. Write down the title of the assignment.
12. Take a washroom break (already, I know).
13. Get back, change music (something that will keep me awake along with the caffine).
14. Start doing actual essay.


(if doing hand outs/textbook work/work that requires little or no thinking)
11. Open up the next episode of whatever I was watching earlier.
12. Move laptop further away from me. Move sheets infront of me. Pause/Stop music.
13. Take a washroom break (during the opening song).
14. Come back and start doing actual work, while partially watching the next episode.


15. Sitting comfortably, finally able to do work!

YAY! Now, to make some tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.