Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cleaning Binge

You know how it is with food. You eat. You barf it up. You do something, and then you reverse it.

I'm on a cleaning binge. This usually happens at night. Every so often, or as you may also say - rarely, I have an urge to just clean everything.

after i showered, i did the laundry and dried my hair. i just washed my sink, my tub, and cleaned my and my parent's toilets.

tomorrow, my sink will get dirty again, and so will my toilet and tub, and then the clothes that i put on. i'm going to get dirty too. lol.

for clothing - its a daily thing - i can't wear the same underwear two days in a row! or socks! shirts ehh depends. pants.. usually last a few wearing times.

sinks, toilets and tubs start getting dirty after a week. then it builds up.

for me, it's a daily thing. i must shower and get clean every day, especially before i go to sleep. i can't sleep going to bed dirty. there's also the other thing i must cleanse myself of every day, and that is sin. there is so much sin in this world, that i am constantly surrounded and influenced by, and the only way to escape sin is to draw closer to God, so that He can guide me in the right path. Everyday is a new struggle, a struggle over sin, and overcoming temptation, and there is only one God who can help me.

Isaiah 43:1-7 says,

 1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
   he who created you, Jacob,   God created man (Genesis 1:27)
   he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; Through Jesus Christ, when He died for our sins
   I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, we are His, and we are saved.
2 When you pass through the waters,  God is always with us (Matthew 1:23)
   I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, (Exodus 14:21-22)
   they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
   you will not be burned;
   the flames will not set you ablaze. (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego + Flaming Furnace - Daniel 3)
3 For I am the LORD your God,
   the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,   Leading the Israelites out of Egypt (Exodus 12:31, whole exodus for full story)
   Cush[a] and Seba in your stead.
4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
   and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
   nations in exchange for your life.
5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
   I will bring your children from the east
   and gather you from the west.
6 I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
   and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
   and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
7 everyone who is called by my name,  people who have accepted Christ into their hearts
   whom I created for my glory,
   whom I formed and made.” back to Genesis 1:27

(NIV)

References:

Genesis 1:27 - "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he creatted them."

Matthew 1:23 - " The virgin will give birth to a son, an they will call him Immanuel - which means, God with us." Jesus has many names! This is one of them.

Exodus 14:21-22 -  "Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, 22 and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left."  This was when the Israelites were fleeing Egypt, but the Red Sea was in their way, and they cried out to God, and then God led them through the Sea through Moses. Moses was a man who had a very close relationship with God.

Exodus 12:31 - "During the night Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “Up! Leave my people, you and the Israelites! Go, worship the LORD as you have requested."  (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus&version=NIV for the entire story)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.