Tuesday, March 1, 2011

psalm 73:25-26

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
   And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
   but God is the strength of my heart
   and my portion forever.


=/ biblegateway's verse of the day. just thought i'd take a peek at it today. interesting to note that it says "my flesh and my heart may fail" im guessing that means that we can do wrong and be physically sick, but God will still be in our hearts and be our strength to help us through rough times forever. there are so many things going on right now, so many people that are hurt, trapped in difficult decisions, difficult situations, and people that are in need of help, and only God can give it. I don't know how I can help anyone, other than just by being there to listen and comfort and pray.... there are so many things that i dont understand; why are these things happenning?

Jeremiah 29:11 says:
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

so does this mean that if i want to keep living then i should get checked out? so that i can live the life that God planned for me? is this one of those situations* where i'm asking God to heal me but i'm not accepting His method? like, His way to heal me would be to get medical help, and not to just never get those attacks again? i dont know. i guess i have to pray more about it. i dont want to worry everyone, and cause pain in other people's lives. unnecessary pain anyway.


*this is just a story:
there was a big flood and this guy went up to tthe top of a very tall apartment building. He prayed to God to help him. The waters rose and a guy in a canoe came by saying, "dude, get on!". but the guy refused and said, "no thanks, i'm waiting for God to save me". then  later, a helicopter came, and they lowered a ladder for him, but he refused again, and said, "no thanks, i'm waiting for God to save me". then the waters rose even more and he drowned. when he got to heaven, he asked God, "why didn't you save me?"  and God said, " I did. I sent you a canoe, and I sent you a helicopter. you refused my help!"  so the moral of this story is that God doesn't do things the way that you want him to, or expect him to. He does what He sees is best  for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment.